[x] Mesa Boogie Rocket 440 4x10 Combo: $600 shipped.

cantoXIII

• Members

hey there ladies and gents,

Mesa Boogie Rocket 440 4x10 Combo Amplifier: $560 shipped.

_cantoXIII_-boogie_1..gif

_cantoXIII_-boogie_3..gif

_cantoXIII_-boogie_2..gif

_cantoXIII_-boogie_4..gif

Here's a basic rundown of the specs:

------------------------------------

45 watts of EL84 tube power.

2 Footswitchable Channels with 3 Modes (Rhythm, Lead & Contour).

Tremolo and reverb built-in, which is footswitchable.

Direct line/headphone out for recording silently.

Parallel effects loop with Mix Control.

4 Jensen Special designed 10" speakers.

Included in this Sale:

--------------------------

Mesa Rocket 440 Amplifier.

Brand new quartet of JJ/Tesla brand EL84's.

4 button footswitch to control reverb/tremolo/channels.

3 random picks I found located in the back of the amp.

I'm selling this for a close friend of mine who is looking to move to a half stack rig, so this combo has to go. The condition is definitely used, but not abused. It has been consistently gigged with, and has some exterior flaws which show that. In the picture, you can see some small dents on the grill cloth, and a few tolex tears on the bottom of the amp. I assure you, these are purely cosmetic and do not affect the playability of this amp in the slightest.

Currently, the amp is fitted with EH tubes, but the amp will sell with a brand new quartet of JJ/Tesla brand EL84 tubes, as I had intended to fully retube the power section but never got around to it. As such, I'm including the brand new tubes in this sale so that whoever might purchase this gets a fresh quartet to experiment/swap the tubes. Tubes will be removed during shipment to insure their safe arrival.

Mesa Boogie Rocket 440: $560 shipped or $500 pickup.

Local pickup is strongly encouraged in Bloomington, Indiana.

NO TRADES PLEASE. I accept Paypal and Money Orders.

Please PM me or email at cantoXIII@gmail.com. Thanks.

• Members

rhythm channel: clean to moderate breakup depending on gain/master volume configuration.

lead channel: creamy singing overdrive to pretty high gain, depending on contour switching.

reverb is subtle, tremolo is choppy, both are footswitchable.

it's an extremely efficient 45 watts, pushing 4 Jensen P10R ten inch speakers. i've been playing this amp for a few weeks before this listing and have really enjoyed it's crisp tone. it can handle and reproduce low end, but mostly sparkles on the mids and highs.

the best feature on the amp, in my opinion, is the parallel speakers outs which can handle a 4 ohm load with the two provided jacks. but in addition, the combo speakers are running from a separate 8 ohm jack, which theoretically gives you the ability to run an additional 8 ohm load if you ever need to push A LOT of speakers [granted, this will cut the combo speakers, but it would be nice to hear what certain speakers sound like without the stock Jensens].

hope this helps. i have lots more pictures of the controls and features for anyone interested. email me: cantoXIII@gmail.com

• Members

does anybody know what this thing SOUNDS like?

I used to have the head version of this amp. It was KILLER. Not great for the Brew00talzs. Hard rock, classic rock are great. Jazz is even cool on this amp. And the verb and trem worked fantastic on my head.

Bump for a really cool amp.

• Members

These are awesome amps. I paid $700 for mine and haven't regretted it. Can get gainier and edgier than you'd expect, especially with the Contour switch. Louder than you'd think too. I usually play bass with a guitarist who loves to run a 100 watt tube head PLUS a 50 watt tube rack rig for his "effects," all through from 6 to 10 12" speakers in various cabs. I felt like playing guitar just for fun so I brought this over and he played bass through a huge bass rig - Mesa 400+, 4 15's, 6 10's. He was annoyed that even with all his power and speaker mass he couldn't drown me out.

The option to mute the speakers for direct recording is awesome too. It's a killer bass amp for recording, BTW.

• Members

to the top...

price has dropped once again:

$560 shipped.

$500 local pickup.

i've been hearing concerns about the shipping cost, so i've lowered it. however, please take into consideration this is a 4x10 combo, and it weighs quite a bit. local pickup is always encouraged for the easiest transaction, but i understand it's not available to most. email me and i'll be more than willing to try to work something out.

here is a .zip compressed folder containing all of the high-resolution pictures taken: Mesa Boogie Pics.

thanks. cantoXIII@gmail.com.

• 5 years later...

Archived