what is the effect nin use on the guitar in ruiner at the guitar bridge section?

lawst

• Members
Originally posted by DrJustice

At the risk of having this message deemed inappropriate:

How about asking in one of the seven guitar forums here on HC?

DJ

--

totally man - i submitted it then though -duh!- but i cant delete the post :mad:

• Members

but i'm sure the question wouldn't be out of place if the answer was that he was running it through an ARP 2600, would it? :D not saying that's the case, but with NIN who knows. i mean, it's not like asking which overdrive did Slash use on 'it's so easy'...

:)

• Members

Zoom 9002 processor.

http://nothing.nin.net/int20.html

GW: I wanted to ask you about the solo in "Ruiner." How did you get that really nasty, ultra-quantized sound?

REZNOR: Ah yes, the great, Pink Floyd-esque, Seventies- sounding section of the song. That's just a preset on the Zoom. I think I accidentally called up the wrong patch. I'm not a soloist. I was just laughing when I was playing with this ridiculous sound, recording into the computer saying like, "This is so cheesy," you know? I later realized that I basically tried to play a "Comfortably Numb"-type solo with this sound. I played the song for Chris, our drummer, and I was thinking, "He's going to start laughing. It's silly." But he goes, "Man, that guitar section was {censored}ing great."

• Members
Originally posted by TrashFace

Zoom 9002 processor.

http://nothing.nin.net/int20.html

GW: I wanted to ask you about the solo in "Ruiner." How did you get that really nasty, ultra-quantized sound?

REZNOR: Ah yes, the great, Pink Floyd-esque, Seventies- sounding section of the song. That's just a preset on the Zoom. I think I accidentally called up the wrong patch. I'm not a soloist. I was just laughing when I was playing with this ridiculous sound, recording into the computer saying like, "This is so cheesy," you know? I later realized that I basically tried to play a "Comfortably Numb"-type solo with this sound. I played the song for Chris, our drummer, and I was thinking, "He's going to start laughing. It's silly." But he goes, "Man, that guitar section was {censored}ing great."

ta very much man! answers dont come any better! :thu:

Archived