Any Korg N1R Users?

StratOLounger

• Members

I'm having some trouble getting the the N1R to change combi's, prog, whatever from my Triton EX.

Maybe it just doesn't like the Triton Ex, but everytime I switch to a new prog on the Triton the N1R goes to an empty bank in the perfomance mode "****"??

Unfortunatley the N1 manual is not very specific. I'm trying to figure out this whole "Performance Mode" deal, my TR-Rack has no such Mode. It's seems simple with it's Combi & Program Mode. All the Filters are enabled on the N1R. And on the Triton all the, but the Exclusive is enabled.

Anybody having sucess using the N1R. I just got it today from an ebay deal and was simply trying to run through the sounds by using the the Tritons Data Wheel if you know what I mean.

Can anyone help a poor fellow Korg rompler-ite?

• Members

Well after speaking with korg's Tech support it seems due to the N1R's different bank structure it doesn't match up with any Trinity, Triton's type of banks. It will of course recieve a program changes and can be made to do so in a remaping situation.

I have a sick gift it of finding ways to use gear in a way that it was not designed to be used.:mad::p

N1R is unique, if not peculiar in that it has the large GM support with all the GS, GM, XG ect banks as well as the traditional Korg ROM from the earlier O, X, XDR, N, Ns, Nx, line. The bank structure is completetly different from anything released before or after it. :confused:

Still it's a nice classic AI synth rack, sort of "the best of" kinda thing. I find that it layers in nicely with the newer stuff.

I hope this helps somebody else out there considering the N1R. Anyways.....Now that this is settled I can return to my gas induced stupor. :cool:

Archived