Supernova II for ambient?

sinew1958

• Members

Well, if your question is: is it good for ambient or suitable for ambient, then I'd say it's decent. I personally think the best ambient synths are really deep synths like the Fizmo or Kawai K5000. But the Novations can pull off quite a bit of ambient textures. I got a lot of weird stuff from my KS-5.

• Members

Originally posted by urbanscallywag

I think ambient is much more dependent on the processing than the sound source.

What I'm trying to say is that you could start with any synthesizer and add a nice delay and reverb and you've got an ambient kit.

this man speaketh the truth :thu:

and layer, layer, layer!!! subtleness is the key....slow phasers....slow swells.....etc

-G

• Members

Originally posted by sinew1958

Does someone have to use the suppernova for ambientmusic?

Because most of the people use it for techno,trance almost everybody comparing it with de virus,but i like the sound and i make ambient,so?Is it consume for ambient?

Nice to see someone else in Belgium interested in ambient, I actually thought I was the only one here. :)

I often use a NL2x to make ambient although many consider it a harsh digital lead synth ... set slow attack, long decays, mess with LFO's (very slow settings give instant ambient) and then through quality effects processor, especially reverb & delay.

In the end it's not the tools you have but what you do with it that counts.

Archived