Welcome!!

stratcat

• Members

Hey everyone, come in pull up a stool and get your axe out of that case.. we've got some neat stuff fixing to happen in here.

I've talked with some of the guys and there are some heavy hitters willing to do lessons for us in here, but please note, this will be maintained as strictly on topic. Ask questions, have fun, but please try to maintain.

We may make some changes as we go, I don't know, but for a start this is a cool idea. This is my baby.. enjoy..

John

• Members

Hopefully here we can also talk about some real composition. Sometimes I get a bit sick of the Songwriting forum when no one actually talks about writing songs, just the same generic questions over and over. ;)

I'd definitely be willing to post some in depth stuff on composition (species counterpoint, thematic processes, post-tonal harmony, blah blah) if there's a market for it. It'd be nice if someone could help with that as well. (Auggie Doggie?)

Anyway, I look forward to some of the good lessons we should be seeing.

And just a thought for evan, regarding the chord of the day. I think it would be most helpful if the chord of the day were not just a chord, but also information on progressions it tends to find itself in.

This should be fun. :)

Steve.

• Members

Originally posted by Anomandaris

I'd definitely be willing to post some in depth stuff on composition (species counterpoint, thematic processes, post-tonal harmony, blah blah) if there's a market for it. It'd be nice if someone could help with that as well. (Auggie Doggie?)

And just a thought for evan, regarding the chord of the day. I think it would be most helpful if the chord of the day were not just a chord, but also information on progressions it tends to find itself in.

i would love to learn more about composition, i changed cotd today, check it out...

Archived