left handed acoustic

chica_baja

• Members

So... my wonderful friends :) bought me a guitar for my birthday cause they knew I've been wanting one for the past year or so. I don't have a job and can't afford it, and my parents can't either. Anyway, it's a left handed acoustic, Fender model F 210 LH. I am really not very good, but can't afford lessons, so I was wondering if you knew of any good self-teaching book for beginners. Thanks!

• Members

Im currently teaching a friend how to play left handed(he's right handed but missing fingers :( ).And ive noticed even when left handed you read tabs the same.

What i recommend(since you have a computer)is to download a program called Guitar Pro 3,either the demo from the website or the full thing from kazaa or something.This program goes through almost everything,you can download hundreds of songs from www.mysongbook.com in tabliture form,you can slow them down,it shows you what note to hit when and for how long,it even has a nifty chord thingy.

Ive been playing for around 10 years and this program has helped me alot.I also recomend practicing scales up the ying yang as they help increase speed over time.

Hope this helps.

Archived