TAB help.

Apaljoose

• Members

Hi, I just found HC yesterday. I've been playing the guitar for a couple years (self-taught). I can sorta read sheet music. For me a better word than "read" could be "decipher" or "translate". So tabs are my best friend.

The problem with tabs are that they are usually crap. Or that you cant find a tab of the song you want to play.

A solution to this problem: learn how to make TABs yourself.

So I grab me a GuitarPro 3. Now I can make any tab I want...as long as there is a midi for that song :(

What I want to do is make tabs from mp3 files. I know there probably isnt a program that can do that so can you guys teach me how to do it the hard way(guessing by ear)? If it is impossible to teach, can you tell me how to teach myself? My ears are good enough to pick up what techniques are being used (tapping, pinch harmonics, slides, bends, etc), but not good enough to pick up what notes, chords, scales, or keys.

Or if the subject matter is too hard to teach, or if I am just too dumb to learn it, can you guys tab this?

Blue Funk - Track 6 - Trigun OST The First Donut

Thanks

• Members

You can probably find some software like this Autoscore here:

http://www.wildcat.com/Site/Homepage.htm

to do it. However, it's hard to isolate tab from a complex song file. Seems to work off of single-track music (an isolated lead track or recording). What I'd do, probably, is buy the artist's official songbooks on eBay, practice, enter the tab into your software and then sell the book again online for limited cost. Many of the songbooks you may want are available either online or at a larger music store.

Use www.google.com to search the web for stuff you might need - especially software. I found the item above searching on "convert sheet tab".

Archived