Thamiam!

• Members

I've read a couple of your posts about wanting to break away from looking at the guitar neck... we gave you some advice in another thread, but you mentioned 5+ fret jumps specifically, and I've been kicking it around subconciously a bit. Anyway, I've never really had a problem with this, and was wondering if it was a technique issue, or just something that comes with time. It occured to me that having payed much attention to fretting as close to the frets as possible (rule of thumb in classical technique is to be able to feel the side of the fret with your finger) gives the brain a better concept of fret spacing, thus making it easier to judge longer distances without depending on sight. I'm not sure if this would be worth looking into, but just wanted to help out.

• Members

Huh. Hadn't even considered before where and how I am 'feeling' the fret on my finger. I will definitely consider that next time I practice (probably won't have time until Thursday. working 2 jobs now, and it sucks.) I have improved quite a bit in the last few weeks, thanks in large part to all the info from this forum. Kudos to y'all!

Archived