two questions

SpoonyJank

• Members

I read a comment/instructions a while ago on a tab about something called a "kyoto picking technique". At the time I played a lot more with my fingers than with a pick, and it seemed like you'd need a third hand to do it... the song was originally written on an instrument called a kyoto; it sounds a lot like a citar but a lot higher... any how, what is it and how is it done? I gave up right away before and i cant find anything about it (even on the internet, which is scary)

question #2: Where is something that describes a lot about tonewoods and the differences between them... I'm looking for a site that would have more details than any reasonable person would ever care about.

• Members
Originally posted by SpoonyJank

question #2: Where is something that describes a lot about tonewoods and the differences between them... I'm looking for a site that would have more details than any reasonable person would ever care about.

www.mimf.com

The Musical Instrument Makers Forum

If you sign up, you can read through their archives and get not only links to the info, but practical comments from some great pros and amateurs.

Archived