The reason this forum has me hooked.

• Members

There's so much talk about theory in here..and I just love music theory, you guys put me to shame with your knowledge of it, and I know more theory than almost any guitarist I know. I'm not bragging on myself, I'm saying that so many guitarists avoid it like the plague.

That's ok, if someone totally is not into it, and don't really need to use it for what they do. But I don't understand the bizarre looks and treatment I get from people when they find out I like studying these kinds of things. There are people who honestly believe with all of their heart that if they learn any theory, it will take away the soul from their playing.

So it's good to be around some people who aren't afraid to talk about it and admit that they enjoy the details and mathematics of music. But like I said, you guys sometimes put me to shame....so I'll try to stay caught up.

• Members

I have picked up an awful lot of information in the effects and amp forums, but I am not quite sure I have learned anything... My rig has gotten exceptionally better sounding from it, but I have not made real advancements as a player. I think I need to start poking around this forum and see if I can start learning some stuff from all the knowledgeable folk.

• Members

The greatest thing about any forum that WORKS for people is the fact that any given question will most likely be answered by more then one person. And the more ways a answer can be given the more chances the asker will get it.

Ive seen some stuff bantered about here that was over mah head! And i may have helped out a person or two mahself. And thats the wonder of this place. All different levels of players and teachers in the same room.

• Members

Sometimes I am intimidated by the knowledge of theory in this forum, but I know a decent amount, so I try to help whenever I can. I hold my knowledge of theory in better regards than my playing, even though neither are very extensive. Oh well, as long as I am the "theory guy" in my band, I am content.

Archived