I wanna play David Wilcox

• Members

For whatever reason, I'm currently on this David Wilcox kick... not the young David Wilcox from the USA, but rather the older David Wilcox from Canada. Problem is, whenever I do a search on the internet for tablature, all I can find is stuff for the other David Wilcox. Can anybody help me? I'm looking for tabs for all of his classic songs like "hot, hot papa" and "riverboat fantasy". Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, going to buy a tele off of my friend. Anyone know what amp he uses? Thanks.

• Members

I just saw an ad on tv promoting a David Wilcox concert, or tour. He was using a recent Marshall, not sure what type exactly but he had quite a bit of distortion dialled in and a warm sound as well.
Also, on his tele he had a lipstick tube pickup behind the bridge pickup, and then a humbucker between that and the neck pickup.
He was playing with a thumbpick for downstrokes and bare index finger for upstrokes. On his fretting hand he was wearing a metal slide of some sort on his pinky finger.

As far as his song material, at least of what I've heard, he pretty much sticks to your general blues vocabulary for riffs and whatnot.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived