Any books or other sources on chord substitution?

• Members

Yes, that is a good site. I've seen that one before.

You could also get the book Chord Chemisty by Ted Greene. It'll help you unlock just about everything regarding chords, and the Chord Substitution chapter is very good too.

And, it's really easy to read. Actualy there is more playing than there is reading.

• Members

Originally posted by gennation

Yes, that is a good site. I've seen that one before.

You could also get the book Chord Chemisty by Ted Greene. It'll help you unlock just about everything regarding chords, and the Chord Substitution chapter is very good too.

And, it's really easy to read. Actualy there is more playing than there is reading.

I was just looking at his books at Amazon.com and I must say from the preview they give it looks like it would be the most helpful of all the chord theory books out there. I already own a good deal of them and none so far have really helped. This guy looks like a good bet. One question, would you recommend Chord Chemistry or his new book Modern Chord Progressions?

Thanks...

p.s. I might just order both...

• Members

I've skimmed through Ted's other books but the one that really put me on the "up ramp" was Chord Chemistry.

Over the last three dedcades this has been concidered one of the essential books in digging in deep to the guitar. I would strongly suggest this book first since it covers a lot of needed concepts when dealing with his other books.

You'll look at chords, scales, and the fretboard like you never have before.

• Members

There's "creative chord substitution" by Ed Arkin, great book.

Also there's one book from Scott Henderson about chords, with a weird color-coded system, its got great voicings.

Johann

Archived