Good fingerstyle technique book?

thevoice

• Members

Can anyone recommend some good books for fingerstyle technique? I have Sheets of Sound on order and Raising the Barre will be ordered shortly for my electric guitar playing... but one of my band mates plays fingerstyle classical guitar and is looking for some similar technique building books more focused to his style. He plays mostly classical and flamenco styled music. Any recommendations are welcome.

• Members

"Pumping Nylon" by Scott Tennant is a good one. I think it even comes in a tablature version now.

Of course, there are many classic works out there (Aguado, Sor, Giuliani, Carcassi {mentioned above}, etc) that have been standards for over a century; tough to argue with that kind of success. :cool:

EDIT: I just got what most likely was your order for 'RTB'...thank you! You've got email.

Also, if your bandmate (or you for that matter) is interested in any of the standard classical guitar stuff I mentioned above, let me know--my sheet music archive is enormous (most of it now digitized into pdf files), and I have a TON of classical guitar studies that I can email or upload to yousendit.com (if/when it works).

Archived