Electro Purists, please help!

• Members

I picked up a used Electro II rack- the organ section works fine but it won't play any piano sounds. The button that toggles between the piano sounds doesn't respond, just stays stuck blinking on the "wulitzer" patch with no sound at all. I suspect the previous owner erased the piano sounds and didn't get around to replacing them (or telling me). Does anybody out there have an idea how to fix this?

• Members

If the samples are erased, then the Piano button will be disabled. The solution is ...

1. Go to http://www.clavia.se/products/nordelectro/software.htm and download the latest operating system, version 3.0. Connect a MIDI interface to both MIDI in & out of the Electro2, and run the update utility.

2. From the same page, download the Electro2 USB driver, install it, and connect your Electro2 to your computer via USB. (Mac users can bypass the driver install process, but PC users will need the driver.)

3. Next, download the Electro2 Tool, which is the utility neeed for restoring the samples.

4. Next, download the samples listed on that page to your hard drive, unzip them and place them in an easy-to-find folder.

5. Launch the Electro2 Tool, and follow the instructions provided to restore the samples.

Once you've done these, your Electro2 should work fine. If another problem exists after all this, then you may have a hardware problem - Nord-authorized service centers are listed at http://www.nordusa.com/servicecenters.htm.

A more detailed, step-by-step upgrade guide is available in the Nord USA forum. If you have any more questions, you can email me directly at synthlord@nordusa.com, post a question here, or on the Nord USA forum.

• Members
Originally posted by Roald

correct! no worries, it's definitely failing piano samples!

When you say failing, do you mean that this can happen one day for no reason, or someone erased the samples manually?

• Members

no probably it went like this

- moron X upgrades electro to v3.0

- instructions say all pianosamples need to be reloaded, but X hasn't read the instructions

- X notices that the pianos are not working

- X puts it on ebay

- PFC buys it for a steal as the 'pianos are not working'

:D

apart from USB problems in the beginning, I haven't had a single error on the Electro, very reliable (and mine is played all the time, transported everywhere, even by bike, and has seen loads of gigs)

• Members

I'll make it a quorum, the piano sample for the slot that is active is missing when the light blinks like that. Do what synthlord said and upgrade it. If it doesn't work after that then something else might be wrong, but I'd feel pretty confident that it will work if you reload the samples.

• Members

Originally posted by Roald

no probably it went like this

- moron X upgrades electro to v3.0

- instructions say all pianosamples need to be reloaded, but X hasn't read the instructions

- X notices that the pianos are not working

- X puts it on ebay

- PFC buys it for a steal as the 'pianos are not working'

:D

apart from USB problems in the beginning, I haven't had a single error on the Electro, very reliable (and mine is played all the time, transported everywhere, even by bike, and has seen loads of gigs)

I was thinking the exact same thing...

:idea:

Archived