whats are some really "evil" sounding arpeggios?

• Members

to sweep pick. one that incorporates 5 or 6 strings. im (attempting) to write some pretty technical death metal/technical grind stuff that i can force myself to play 2-3 months from now, and i want to put some sweeps into it. however, i have no idea which arpeggios to chose from. so if u guys know of any, i can write the rest of the song around it using my *incredible* knowledge of theory. nothing cheerful- it has to be dark ! thanks!

here are some examples:

www.allshallperish.com

media- ecard, "eradication"

and

the one at 27 seconds in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owNBEShKFqs&search=fermented%20offal%20discharge

• Members

Well try some diminished arpeggios. They don't have to be just that boring (but still cool-sounding used sparingly) 3-string ascending ones that everyone uses to death. You could probably find lots of examples on the internet searching for diminished sweeps or something like that.

• Members

Oh yeah I forgot, try sweeping ascending but not descending the top three strings using your basic minor arps, and then do that again 1/2 step lower, descending chromatically for a couple frets (that is, playing the same thing each time but moving it down one fret per cycle, I hope this makes sense!)

• Members

Originally posted by bertikus

Oh yeah I forgot, try sweeping ascending but not descending the top three strings using your basic minor arps, and then do that again 1/2 step lower, descending chromatically for a couple frets (that is, playing the same thing each time but moving it down one fret per cycle, I hope this makes sense!)

thanks for the advice. i will try the diminished ones that everyone uses to death , and i will try to make sense of your 2nd post when im alittle less drunk. :D thanks again!

Archived