Looking for an Instructor Near Danbury, CT

kmarsh

• Members

Anybody here know of a GOOD instructor in the Danbury, CT area? I'm an "older" newbie (48 years old - just learning on my own the past 4 months or so). For the record, I don't consider myself particularly "talented" (not a "natural" musician) but AM motivated and try to practice at least an hour a day or so. I'm mostly interested in blues and blues/rock but want a solid, structured general course of instruction.. not just, "here, practice this song for a few weeks". I work in Armonk, NY and could possibly use an instructor between these two locs if somebody knows a particularly great instructor.

There is a "studio" in my hometown (New Fairfield), called "Creative Music", but I haven't heard any feedback on them and dont know if their instructors are good/bad, etc. Any ideas?

• Members
There is a "studio" in my hometown (New Fairfield), called "Creative Music", but I haven't heard any feedback on them and dont know if their instructors are good/bad, etc. Any ideas?

Sounds like a good place to start looking. Look, the first teacher you get may not be a "really good teacher" like you expect and deserve. You can't expect to find a great teacher on your first try! You have to play the field :D. If you don't like a certain teacher or feel that he's not living up to his end of the deal, drop him and find a new one. He won't take it personally; and if he does, he definitely shouldn't. Teachers, especially teachers at studios, are used to having their student base changed around a lot. So I recommend you start trying out the teachers they have at this studio until you find one that you're happy with. Besides, you can't rely too heavily on feedback anyway- a teacher who might not have "clicked" with some other student may be just perfect for you, and vice versa. So get over there and start taking lessons :thu:

Archived