Want to create chord graphs (mac or pc)

bdemon

• Members

Downloaded Finale Notepad last week, so I can make some rough tabs for my guitar students, but now I'd like to find a program that will let me create chord graphs quickly because my handwriting sucks! The closest I've found is a macro for Word called Fretqwik, which looks look, but it's seriously tedious creating chords through the symbols menu.

Any suggestions, something to help me create lists of chords? Thanks.

• Members

Downloaded Finale Notepad last week, so I can make some rough tabs for my guitar students, but now I'd like to find a program that will let me create chord graphs quickly because my handwriting sucks! The closest I've found is a macro for Word called Fretqwik, which looks look, but it's seriously tedious creating chords through the symbols menu.

Any suggestions, something to help me create lists of chords? Thanks.

I'm not sure about Finale Notepad, but I know the full version has a tool called "Chord Symbols" which allows you to create and manage your own chord symbols with fretboard diagrams. Under Finale, once you create a diagram, all you have to do is type the chord symbol, and the diagram appears.

It's kind of a pain to set it up, but once you do, it's easy to use.

• Members

I'm not sure about Finale Notepad, but I know the full version has a tool called "Chord Symbols" which allows you to create and manage your own chord symbols with fretboard diagrams. Under Finale, once you create a diagram, all you have to do is type the chord symbol, and the diagram appears.

It's kind of a pain to set it up, but once you do, it's easy to use.

Can you make any diagram you want? I downloaded the trial version of Finale Songwriter, which has the same feature, but far as I can tell it only spits out the basic A chord at the second fret.

• Members

Can you make any diagram you want? I downloaded the trial version of Finale Songwriter, which has the same feature, but far as I can tell it only spits out the basic A chord at the second fret.

Yeah. In Finale, you can create your own diagrams and attach them to your chord symbols. If you use it a lot, you end up developing your own library.

This was created using Finale. I created these chord symbols exclusively for this example.

Archived