The Ultimate Blues Radio Station!

bdemon

• Members

Been playing with www.pandora.com for the past month, customizing this killer blues station to get me more "properly" educated about the legends and current blues kings. I programmed the playlist with big names, weeded out most of the non-blues stuff (Pandora sometimes mistakes random stuff for blues) and I've been having a blast jamming along with these old dudes, picking up new riffs, customizing the station further.

You can find the station here. To the left are my stations, the one you're looking for is called "The Blues!" I wrote a quick blog about what I did and some tips on how you might jam along with these tunes here.

No catch, I'm not working for Pandora. Just got inspired last month when I was telling my pal about a blues book I was studying and he said, "You don't learn the blues from a book--you learn it by listening to the players!" And it's easy enough to make up your own station...I just did a bunch of the playlist programming for ya. :thu:

• Members

Well, that looks like a truly awesome idea, but unfortunately 'due to licensing constraints' I can't access the music from the site from within the UK. What a major bummer...

I'll have to try and find something similar I can use this idea for this side of the pond...

Archived