Best software for Slow down, change key, and loop music

• Members
By the way, I have music, but Microsoft automatic protected it in wma. Now I can not convert to MP3 so I can practice in BestPractice. Does anyone know what software convert from Protected wma to MP3 ?

Thanks in advance

Hey man :thu:

I like to use Audacity for slowing down, looping, changing key etc. Check out some of the videos on youtube, this will demonstrate how you use the program.

The program is 100% free:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

To convert your wma files to mp3 use:

http://download.cnet.com/Free-Mp3-Wma-Converter/3000-2140_4-10442362.html

Keep on shredding brother! :rawk:

• Members

I've used the Pacemaker plugin for Winamp for years now. It gets the job done well. It controls tempo/pitch/speed, and works right alongside your playlist. No digging through folders to get to a song, it's right there in the media library already.

• Members

I used to use pacemaker with Winamp, but don't even use Windows these days, am using Ubuntu. Reaper, a great program for doing this now works with Mac/Linux/PC. Import your music file to a track, you can beatmap for selecting perfect loops, and change the tempo and pitch of the played audio, and it sounds great with good pitch algorithms; elastique 2.0. It's as easy as selecting a time selection, and changing the tempo of the project while preserving pitch.

• Members

Thanks for sharing those practice software. Could you please give the link where to get those software in here, so for others can go to the right place.

I just try Audacity as recommend in here, but it require some other party plugin or somethings, and I end up can not slow down or change key. So I just delete it. I'm using Best Practice now.

Thanks again

• Members

I started with ASD ... there upgrade process and key management is really a nightmare. Their support for the above is lousy as well.

I switched to Transcribe and it's actually a superior product. I'm not sure about the upgrade process as I haven't gone through it yet.

Archived