Instructional books in tab form?

• Members

I want an instructional music theory book but I really dont want to get into reading sheet music and all that blah. Does this even exist? I'm thinking probably not. I want to get into theory, scales and eventually be able to do some improvisation with purpose. Any suggestions?

• Members

I want an instructional music theory book but I really dont want to get into reading sheet music and all that blah. Does this even exist? I'm thinking probably not. I want to get into theory, scales and eventually be able to do some improvisation with purpose. Any suggestions?

I don't know if such a thing exists. But if you're interested in theory, you'd be very well advised to learn how to read music. Standard notation (while it's a pain in the ass on guitar) serves theory concepts much more effectively than tab does.

To bring an analogy:

-There are no books called "Learn Japanese by speaking French"

• Members

I have a suggestion for you; learn to read music. It is not that hard. If I can do it at 55 years of age, anyone can. Then, anything you pick up in the way of music, you will be able to play. Go take a couple lessons to get started and then you can get a good book that teaches it and ask any questions on here and you'll be way better than just using tabs.

Archived