Easy Paramore song for beginner?

Bruvtilov

• Members

Hey all,

One of my students is very much into Paramore and I'd like to teach him one of their songs. So far he's mastered the standard open chords and is able to change between them fairly easy.

Being an old fart I don't know anything about Paramore's music so any song suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

• Members

All of them are easy.

Seriously, though - I'd go with Misery Business. All it is is just one-finger power chords with a few simple notes and octaves thrown in. The tuning is drop D, but half a step down. The name for that tuning escapes me at the mo, but the song is very, very easy.

[YOUTUBE]TQnwQ6JtySc[/YOUTUBE]

Just one piece of advice: there was just one guitarist in the video - I believe they were in between rhythm players then - and this, while I was starting to play guitar, led me to believe it was just one guitar making that sound. Not yet did I understand that it was a lead part played in sync with a rhythm part.

Just in case your student sees only one guitarist in the video, and wonders why he can't get that kinda sound with one guitar.

Tell us how you get on, mate :thu:

Archived