Instrumental acoustic EP and jazz standards... opinions?

• Members

I'm working on a five song instrumental acoustic EP. Only one is completely mixed and everything (done by a pro) the other four I'm mixing myself (which I'm having a hard time making it sound as good as he did!). The one the pro mixed is on my myspace (Here She Comes). The other four I just uploaded on my soundclick for you guys to listen to if you'd like (everything but the standards on there: Blue Moon, Moon Beam, Am Suite, Country Dreams). They're really rough, not even the final takes just something I did in one take to try messing with some mixing stuff. The Am Suite is a more jazz influenced piece, while everything else is more pop influenced. Not sure if it'll be released with the pop stuff or if I'll put out a jazz original EP or LP with some of my other compositions. Check it out and get back to me with complaints, criticism or praise

soundclick.com/garretschmittling

I also uploaded a few more standards I was working on with at the same session as my "Stella". If you're interested get back to me as your thoughts, critism or praise on any of those. The more I listen the more I feel like I'm getting more comfortable with soloing over the changes, mainly my phrasing needs to be stronger, but I think my comping is my strong point.

Thanks!

Archived