Muting when switching positions

• Members

From the end Measure 1 to the beginning of Measure 2 of this example, am i still supposed to mute all the strings when I switch positions? What if its using power chords instead of open chords?

It seems pretty hard to havta mute eveything between these 2 because there is literally no time to do it!

• Members

It's a bit hard to understand what your actual problem is. I find the word "still" confusing. Do you mean "still, as in I am muting everywhere else, but having trouble here"? I don't see any need for muting at all in that whole phrase :)

If you are palm muting (right hand) then it makes no difference where in those two measures you are. Your left hand moves when it needs to and your right hand mutes.

On the other hand, if you are just talking about "how do I stop the strings making a wrong sound while changing chords", possibly the best advise is to not worry too much about it. Listen to be aware of where the "wrong" sound comes from, that's all. As you get smoother your fingers will just sort it out, honestly.

GaJ

Archived