Economy/ sweep picking certain phrase

• Members

While watching one of my favorite guitar players George Bellas i'm really into his 2 string sweeping techniques. 3 plus strings are much easier for me, and I'm curious how you go about a phrase like this

B 13 15 16 15 13

G 12 12 12 12 12 This is coming out with 12 and 13 on top of each other, but i want 12 on g and then 13 B and so on not at the same time

I like to do inside picking while playing it slow to moderate speeds and notice while sweeping it at faster speed i end up hitting the B string twice one on a up and then a down on the way back. Maybe George is doing this also, but playing it so fast i can't tell.

• Members

I'm not sure if I've understood what you've notated correctly, but if it is what I think it is..I'd use the 12th fret G as a "pivot" and keep "bouncing" off it to sweep down to the B string notes, quickly lift off the B string and sweep back down the G to the next B string note..don't know if that makes sense :lol:

• Members

I actually use this "lick" or "motif" alot... I usually use inside picking, but sometimes employ outside picking.. Sweeping is not really an option, unless you double up on every note and do like a "glitch picking" thing.... Meaning you start with an UPSTROKE ON THE G string, so you go UP DOWN on the G then SWEEP DOWN onto the B then UP on the B and repeat... so it's ||: Up-Down-Down-Up :||Very easy once you get the hang of it, but a little tricky to get clean, at first....

Archived