Mr Finn

• Members

To whom do you turn to for guidance for musical ideas/problems that you don't know the answer to?

I don't really have a single "go to" person or resource. When that happens (and it happens a lot!), I will typically handle it in a variety of ways (in no particular order):

-Keep trying. Give it time and attention. Many things solve themselves when you apply extra effort and attention.

-Other players and/or teachers. For example, if I'm having trouble with a tapping lick, I'll try to contact a guy like Don Lappin and ask him.

-Books, recordings, internet etc....

It really depends what the challenge is. Curious, why do you ask? :-)

PS: I read posts/threads on LL a lot because there are a lot of people with lots to offer and enough generosity to be willing to share what they know.

• Members

It really depends what the challenge is. Curious, why do you ask? :-)

Well, I'm a novice. I'm almost as close to the beginning of learning music as you can get, less about 6 months. So my questions seem like they'd be easily answered, as 99%of the musicians out there have more knowledge than I.

As you have been involved with music for a long time, I'd assume you're on the other end of the spectrum, and that questions you encounter now, may not be easily answered by the remaining 98%.

Archived