Streamlining! (NAD content)

germs

• Members

Trying to reduce load in/outs, onstage footprint, etc - I won this on the 'bay.

Whatchya think?

Guitars023.jpg

And with the live rig...

Guitars022.jpg

Not too shabby? The Avatar has V30's, and I'm using the XTLive with the cab and mic sims OFF.

Essentially, it's like having the 3 amp sims I mostly use running through the same 2x12 cab. Sounds pretty good!

• Members

Cool!

I have a PB. Couldn't pass one up when they were selling for 49 quid new.

Makes a great stereo power amp for a modeler-based rig and can be used as a regular amp if the modeler packs up. The overdrive is surprisingly good, although it is best pushed with an external overdriver. I use a treble booster with it.

• Members

Most definitely, thanks!

I've got a spare SS three channel I'll be keeping in the trailer for just such an occasion. It'll get the job done in case the PB or POD ever packs in on me before/during a set.

Feels pretty good to have a back up, actually...

• Members

Any sound you want!

As much as I'm going to miss the look of a full rig on stage, my back doesn't miss loading a 4x12 + 65lb head + pedal board at the end of the night.

I still get funny looks from other bands like, "What the hell is he gonna do with that?" And then I show them, and they're like, "Ooooh." And then I plug into a 4x12 in the backline and they're like "Aaaaaaah." And I'm like, "See? It can be easier."

Though I do find that the POD does cleans better than distortion, until you're pushing a 4x12. But I don't haul that thing out unless we're playing the big rooms. Just no point.

Archived