LIVE plug-ins for distortion

mister natural

• Members

In the studio last night with headphones, wonking around with several different efx patches within LIVE, using Ableton brand, PureMagnetik and a couple various KVR downloads. I'm totally hooked on vst efx going forward. Selling all of my stomp-boxes on ebay - when I play out; I'll use the simple efx that are internal on my roland cube 30x and hava nice day.

• Members

In the studio last night with headphones, wonking around with several different efx patches within LIVE, using Ableton brand, PureMagnetik and a couple various KVR downloads. I'm totally hooked on vst efx going forward. Selling all of my stomp-boxes on ebay - when I play out; I'll use the simple efx that are internal on my roland cube 30x and hava nice day.

I'm with you on Live, it ROCKS!!! I've found that it's like it's own instrument when working in the studio and writing music. I've had several ideas come out of sounds I wouldn't have otherwise gotten.

I gave up on stomp boxes too a few years ago. I've been using an XT Live for playing out because of the integration with my Variax, but I'm working toward a setup that includes a guitar, a foot controller, and my MacBook.

I guess I'm turning into a tech geek because when I look at boutique stomp boxes all I can think is "You want me to pay several hundred dollars for a box that just does one thing?! And I've got to turn the knobs by hand to change sounds?! And I can't just recall presets?!" :)

I've gotten really spoiled with digital gear and plugins. Lately I've been tracking everything dry on the guitar signal and using POD Farm to go back and get the amp sound I want. It's so much easier to track a guitar part and be able to copy it onto several tracks and use different sounds for each one. It saves SO much time from having to go back and track everything again in real time to layer different sounds.

Archived