Sonic Cell Suggestions Anyone?

MIDIme

• Members

I just ordered a Sonic Cell and am wondering if anyone has any tips, pointers, or suggestions for me.

I will trigger it with either my VG-99 or Axon MKII.

I plan to use the USB stick to transfer MIDI backing tracks from PC to S.Cell. Can I transfer anything else by USB? Sound samples for triggering?

I also use a Boss RC-50 a lot and plan to do as much looping and layering as I can without getting too loopy.........

Any and all thoughts appreciated.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I know this is an old post but what did you think when you got your Sonic Cell? How did you end up using it in live configs? Curious because I have one to and LOVE it but I'm sure not using it to its full potential. Here's how I use it live, see photo below.

• Members

Hi Camshiva,

I take the 13 pin out from guitar to a Roland US-20 (splitter). From the US-20, one signal goes to a VG-99 which then goes to a PA or my Motion Sound stereo keyboard amp and Motion Sound sub. The other signal from the splitter goes to an Axon 100 MKII. I use one preset patch with expression pedals and a hold pedal programmed for the Axon patch. (I don't bother with the Axon sound board now that I have the S.C.) Take the MIDI out of the Axon to the MIDI in on the Sonic Cell. Use the Axon pedals to control the SC patches. S.C. out to second channel of the Motion Sound amps that I eq differently. Obviously, eq the guitar patches differently than the very full freq. range needs of the SC patches. When I want to, I can have the axon patches playing along with the mag pu signal out to my traditional pedal board rig. THAT is a SONICSOUNDWAVE. One huge, big, thick, layered wall of sound when wanted.

Archived