Boss RC-50 questions

sideshowlinc

• Members

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I might as well try:

I'm wanting to do solo gigs that would include vocals, keys/synth and acoustic guitar. Basically I want a unit that would be able to loop all 3 of those things at the same time, is the RC-50 what I'm after? Could it handle 3 inputs like this? Or is there nothing that offers this kind of power?

If so, what should I be looking at instead?

• Members

Yes you can loop all 3 at the same time. Each patch has 3 loops which can be synced together or run autonomously. Each loop can be played back over and over or as a one shot. You can overdub different parts onto each loop so you could first lay guitar on loop 1, then overdub vocals over the guitar on the same loop, and can continue to adding parts to the same loop. It also possible to use different loops for different parts so you can activate/deactivate each seperately.

• Members

Yes you can loop all 3 at the same time. Each patch has 3 loops which can be synced together or run autonomously. Each loop can be played back over and over or as a one shot. You can overdub different parts onto each loop so you could first lay guitar on loop 1, then overdub vocals over the guitar on the same loop, and can continue to adding parts to the same loop. It also possible to use different loops for different parts so you can activate/deactivate each seperately.

so this wouldnt be difficult to do, despite the fact that I would be using the mic input and the stereo inputs with 2 different instruments?

Archived