Electronic switch?

c10

• Members

Every once in a while I hear or read about a switch or other programmable gizmo that gives you more switching options than a standard toggle or Strat 5-way switch, anyone have any experience with these?

I have a 12 string Harm from rondomusic.com, I would like to get more than the stock sounds (it has 3 humbuckers that are splittable, but the switch is a Strat type 5 way). I could put push-pulls in one or two of the pots but maybe would like to try something different (and probably double the cost of the guitar...).

• Members
Every once in a while I hear or read about a switch or other programmable gizmo that gives you more switching options than a standard toggle or Strat 5-way switch, anyone have any experience with these?

I have a 12 string Harm from rondomusic.com, I would like to get more than the stock sounds (it has 3 humbuckers that are splittable, but the switch is a Strat type 5 way). I could put push-pulls in one or two of the pots but maybe would like to try something different (and probably double the cost of the guitar...).

If you really want to get more than the stock sounds out of your guitars, then you might want to consider a RackVax. :) It's not made for 12-strings, but you can make your 6-string guitars sound like 12-strings and a whole lot more...

• Members
If you really want to get more than the stock sounds out of your guitars, then you might want to consider a RackVax.
:)
It's not made for 12-strings, but you can make your 6-string guitars sound like 12-strings and a whole lot more...

That looks really cool. If I hadn't recently bought a VG-99 I'd be interested in checking it out. But I'll pass the word along to other guitar playing friends.

• Members
That looks really cool. If I hadn't recently bought a VG-99 I'd be interested in checking it out. But I'll pass the word along to other guitar playing friends.

Cool! The VG-99 is a great unit. I have one myself. The beauty is, with RackVax, you can play both simultaneously using the GK thru. ;) You can also chain multiple RackVax units together to make it sound like you're playing 2 or more guitars. :rawk::rawk:

• Members

What about a 3-way switch that is really noisy? I've tried using tuner cleaner, I've tried using all kinds of things but whenever I switch from the bridge pickup to the middle position or the neck position it creates a loud, horrible clacking sound.

I'd love to replace it altogether with another 3 way but.... it would seem to indicate the stock switch is probably at fault.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived