Foot controller for modeling apps and a question about live performances

eva001

• Members

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions which I'm hoping you can clear up.

I currently use a Line 6 Toneport GX as my USB interface to a Macbook Pro. I have POD Platinum, Guitar Rig 3 and am currently about to purchase Amplitube Metal (and maybe Amplitube 2). Is there a USB foot controller available that is compatible with all the above sims? Is there a way to use a foot controller to easily switch between patches between the sims, without needing to have direct access to the computer?

I've seen the StompIO, but it appears to only support Amplitube. I would also prefer (if possible) to have more than 4 buttons for managing effects, as I could easily have more effects in the chain I'd want independent control over (unless the buttons labeled with specific functions can be reassigned).

I would be very interested to hear how people manage running multiple sims on their computers.

I'm also planning to ultimately use these sims when performing live. I've seen a lot of people mention the use of programs, such as Ableton Live, when performing, but I don't quite understand the benefit they provide. What would be the difference between using Ableton Live vs. using the stand-alone components of the above sims (such as Amplitube X-Gear)?

As you can probably tell, I'm still very much a noob when it comes to computer audio. I'm hoping you can all shed a little light on this for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I use a Yamaha MFC10 for all sorts of similar applications. It really works great and is about the most versatile, flexible, programmable self contained unit for the money I know of. It has numerous 1/4" inputs so you can plug in more expression pedals or latching pedals to control all kinds of things all connected by one midi cable to whatever unit you want. Use a MIDI merger or the MIDI THRU feature of your hardware to control as many systems as you want.

Archived