Anyone know if Boss will upgrade the RC-50?

jjtguitar

• Members

Hi all,

I am considering purchasing a Boss RC-50. However, I was wondering if anyone knows, or has heard whispers or rumours about whether Boss is considering upgrading the RC-50 to an RC-50XL or something? I like all the spec's the RC-50 has, apart from the lack of removable media (or even just the 'small' amount of storage) - and I don't want to invest in an RC-50 only to find out in a month or two that they are upgrading!

thanks,

jttguitar

• Members

Over at the vguitarforums we're hoping for a release of updated VG99 firmware and two of the members of the forum met with the Roland US guitar products manager Peter Swiedon with hopes for some bugfixes and updates in January at NAMM and his words were a 6-18 month timeframe for any kind of update.

We're eight months into that potential 18 month timeframe presently.

No idea if the RC has gotten similar attention from boards and such.

It's a cool device but I've heard absolutely nothing about a hardware update/replacement.

I also heard that the VG has a seven year development cycle before they replace it with a new hardware device (apocryphal).

So, I think you are safe to get a RC-50.

• Members

I heard they're coming out with an RC-1000. It's going to be six feet long and have built-in wheels...

Nope, I've got nuthin... Gotta admit though: after the TU-1000, this seems like a logical next step for the RC series.

You got it right except the model number:

The RC-51...about six feet long and has built in wheels:

2000-Honda-RC51b.jpg

Seriously, loopers like the RC-50 can last forever and it will be hard for the manufacturer to make technically obsolete. I have one and it's a great tool.

Archived