Guitar rig latency question

fuzzyoctaves

• Members

I got a FastTrack Pro for recording and I figured I'd give Guitar Rig another try. I have my latency set to the minimum (128), I am not getting any weird artifacts and the CPU usage is 20% with a simple chain, but the latency is really obvious to me. Is this just the way that it goes with modeling on the PC?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I got a FastTrack Pro for recording and I figured I'd give Guitar Rig another try. I have my latency set to the minimum (128), I am not getting any weird artifacts and the CPU usage is 20% with a simple chain, but the latency is really obvious to me. Is this just the way that it goes with modeling on the PC?

This is why I prefer, 10 to 1, using my lowly BR-600 as opposed to my desktop for recording. PC recording doesn't work for me, too much emphasis has to be placed on getting it to work as opposed to recording music.

Sorry for the rant.

• Members

no that shouldn't happen.

i also have a fast track pro and guitar rig and it works fine. I've actually set my latency higher on the sound card to get better quality results. are you running this through cubase?

this might sound stupid, but have you set the ASIO driver to M-audio fast track pro in the options?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

This is why I prefer, 10 to 1, using my lowly BR-600 as opposed to my desktop for recording. PC recording doesn't work for me, too much emphasis has to be placed on getting it to work as opposed to recording music.

Sorry for the rant.

I couldn't use low end Cake Walk software or modeling pedals from 5 years ago because of the delays. I measured the track to new track delay at 43 mS - never did measure the pedal but it was detectable. For simple recording I went with the BR-600.

Are they doing better with this stuff?

The fix in recording seems simple - measure system delay then delay playback that amount. For real time processing its raw speed and clean programming.

Archived