MIDI for dummies and info on MIDI Guitar racks

Raffuhl

• Members

Very cool. From a guitarist's perspective, I would kill to have a really good tutorial on how to make drum tracks; how to take a composed guitar line and make a corresponding drum track that sounds like an actual drummer (how to write a bass drum line, where the snare/hi hat/crash fits in the tempo, how to create fills, etc). Most of the stuff I've found (via google for example) hasn't been that helpful (except of course ripping from an already composed midi file, or getting lucky with the right loop).

• Members

Unfortunately it would be a lot of work to review every software package with virtual instruments. That's not the goal of the site at the moment either! ;)

Btw, you should get pretty far with EZ Drummer, which i used as the example for the virtual instruments post. Works like a charm and sounds very very good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Very cool. From a guitarist's perspective, I would kill to have a really good tutorial on how to make drum tracks; how to take a composed guitar line and make a corresponding drum track that sounds like an actual drummer (how to write a bass drum line, where the snare/hi hat/crash fits in the tempo, how to create fills, etc). Most of the stuff I've found (via google for example) hasn't been that helpful (except of course ripping from an already composed midi file, or getting lucky with the right loop).

Drumcore would help out a bunch to ya.

Archived