Is anyone here familiar with the AXON AX50 USB?

XPM

• Members

I purchased one of these and of course I would love to use their forum, but there is no confirmation/authorization email response from them. I installed the editor and have my Roland GK bass hooked up to it, but the editor keeps revealing a ERROR: Cannot find Axon Device. Check midi connections. The unit "sees" my bass via the tuner function, but the editor does not see ax-50.

The editor sees two other devices I have hooked up which are an Axiom keyboard and a Roland GI-20, but it doesn't see itself at all. The read out on the unit states 128. The manual with this thing is extremely vague.

I am using a PC with windows XP SP3. I am fairly familiar with audio computer stuff. I just don't get why the editor never sees it's own USB device whatsoever. In the manual it states that windows XP does not see more than one USB audio device and explains how the ax-50 should appear in it's (the editor) PC/Midi device chooser. It does not appear this way, or any other way whatsoever. I tried several USB cords and different USB ports on the computer.

I would think that it's USB output port might be bad on the AX-50, but XP recognizes the damn thing by name and states the device is ready to rock. Axion state in their manual that the only driver's the AX-50 requires are generic and already within your computer's OS (Windows XP)

I tried and tried with this thing, but NO luck.

Please/Thanks.

• Members

Forget contacting Terratec-Axon directly. This is where I find answers:
http://www.axon-technologies.net/forum/

Thanks for your response but "been there, done that"

This thing is as unfriendly as a device could be. I went through all the RME recommended windows registry (regedit) junk, did the logitech upper/lower filters junk, still absolutely nothing. I think I may have received a defective unit. That's the only thing that makes sense.

The editor sees the GI-20 and my M-Audio keyboard fine. It just WILL NOT see it's own device. I think it's fairly stupid that they didn't write their own drivers. I believe that's specifically why the device doesn't show up as "Axon" in it's device chooser and they just explain it away as if it's a windows thing.

I just don't understand these small specially focused electronics companies. You would think that above all they would shoot for clarity with respect to installation and application. 6 hours of my anything but "free" time, spent on trying to dick with things so this device will just show up in it's own software to no avail is beyond ridiculous. Completely frustrating. :mad:

Then you go to the Axon site and you see that they haven't done a thing there for a year. :facepalm:

Archived