Mainstage and Apogee GiO

blackpond

• Members

Is anyone using Apple's Mainstage (included with Logic Studio) as their live guitar rig, with or without other 3rd party plug-ins? Also, has anyone tried the Apogee GiO interface and controller for guitarist using Mainstage, Logic, or Garage Band?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Is anyone using Apple's Mainstage (included with Logic Studio) as their live guitar rig, with or without other 3rd party plug-ins? Also, has anyone tried the Apogee GiO interface and controller for guitarist using Mainstage, Logic, or Garage Band?

I did a full write up here:http://heathmcconnell.com/blog/2009/03/22/personal-live-recording-setups/

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I am in the process of selling all of my guitar gear (sans guitars) to buy a new iMac and get Logic 9 and the Gio! I have seen a few demos of these and I am STOKED to get one.

I used to play in a band and lived at my parents house, but times change and now I have a "real" job and I'm moving out with my girlfriend so there is no longer room for my amps in the new apartment. Im sad to see them leave but at the same time I am so excited to be trying something new.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Bumping this up. Has anyone used one of these? They look like a great addition for recording w/out a dedicated person to push the buttons. I'd like to see some reviews before I buy (it's a tad expensive) but none of the on-line sites have reviews written.

I haven't yet upgraded to Logic 9, any idea if it will still work with Logic 8? I assume it works by sending well-known midi commands, which probably haven't changed since like Logic 1.

-Mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I haven't yet upgraded to Logic 9, any idea if it will still work with Logic 8? I assume it works by sending well-known midi commands, which probably haven't changed since like Logic 1.

The GiO will work fine with Logic Pro 8, though there are MANY improvements in Logic Pro 9 that make it well worth the $199 upgrade (there are other forum post that go into detail about that I am sure).

I am an Apple Pro Audio Reseller, an Apple Certified Logic Pro Trainer, and I just became an Apogee dealer as well. I was very impressed with the demos of Mainstage and GiO I saw at NAMM and I'm waiting on my 1st GiO shipment so I can start playing with it myself. I have very high hopes for this system.

Mainstage has some wonderful effects for guitar and works as a host for 3rd party plug-is as well, allowing one to blend the Mainstage effects with Guitar Rig, Amplitube, and others. The Mainstage user interface is very easy to use on stage once you have done your initial set-up and programming. The Apogee GiO promises to be a great sounding, low-latency interface that is set-up to work with Mainstage out of the box. Once I get my system up and running, I will post some additional info. Also, I am in the early stages of planning a hands-on demo day in Nashville. More on that soon.

www.dougrobertscreative.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I just got my GIO on yesterday. I haven't had a chance to play with it too much yet but my initial impressions are very positive. Its built like a tank and does what its supposed to do with minimal fuss. At this point i only have Garage Band but after watching some videos on Mainstage I'll definitely be upgrading to Logic at some point.

Archived