Line6 Windows7 drivers failure - what to buy?

Pim

• Members

Hi guys,

I love my Line6 POD XT and UX2. However Line6 is "a little bit" :bor: slow with releasing Windows7/Leopard drivers.

Despite the hundreds of $$ I spent on Line6 gear I can't record any more and have to finish my album.

GuitarRig4 seems very promising to me but which audio interface is the best for it?

I would love to hear your experiences with GuitarRig4. :thu:

Pim.

• Members

NI (makers of guitar rig) have their own audio interface that is made to go with GR. It has footswitches built in to control GR with. If you don't need that, any interface with an instrument input will do. I use a Fast Track Pro, and have used a Fast Track and Mackie Onyx Satellite in the past. For just tracking guitar into GR4, you don't need any unusual features.

Before you buy GR4, get an interface and try out some of the free amp modeling plugins available. The LePou (Poulin) stuff is my favorite. This site has a nice compilation of free software, not all of it being guitar stuff. IMO free plugins + Recabinet is just as good as commercial stuff like Guitar Rig or Revalver, although perhaps not as versatile.

Archived