Variax 600

StringBreaker

• Members

These have come down quite a lot it seems in the UK and I am taying with the idea of getting one for playing around with when recording.

What are they like to play, I know what to expect from the electrics.

I played a 300 model a while ago and I was not really impressed with it as a guitar and I am hoping that the 600 is a marked improvement,

Anyone own one and want to chime in?

• Members

The 600 is a solid guitar.

I enjoy playing mine. Its a much nicer guitar than my MIM strat and head and shoulders above my variax 300. Not quite the guitar my Godin LGXT is, but its also half the price.

IMO you cant go wrong with it. I recomend swapping locking tuners in however.

As 'old' as the variax line is now, it still has the best acoustic guitar emulation/modelling on the market. You can easily fool people on tape.

• Members

Ive owned them all

IMHO the 600 is a 300 with Fender type /proportion Maple Fretboard Neck and a Wilkinson Tremolo that the trem Arm always need attention as it always get loose midway thru a gig

And the "G" string sound cuts out anytime you dive bomb.

I swapped the L.R Baggs Piezo Saddles for Graphtech Ghost Narrow Strat saddles (which fixed the "no sound after dive bomb with trem arm" problem)

and installed Planet Waves Locking tuners,a Graphtech TUSQ Nut and it helped the guitar considerably!

Archived