Budget setup through computer?

Harmonicer

• Members

My friend wants to get a guitar and run it through the computer using vst plugins as cheap as possible. What all will she need for that? I don't really know much about it, but I thought it was a neat concept, and I know theres some great free plugins out there.

• Members

An audio interface. USB would be the easiest and cheapest. A Line 6, M-Audio fast Track or something in that vein would be fine. The NI Guitar Rig session would probably be an excellent choice too, an audio interface plus some modeling software for a good price. I would just use free plugins, although Recabinet is worth owning IMO.

• Members

The cheapest way??..lol..Go down to Radio Shack and get one of these adapter for guitar cable..About 3 bucks

pRS1C-2160355w345.jpg

Then plug it into the line in If the computer soundcard has one.If not use the mic.

Then youll need a vst host to load up the plugins. If all she wants to do is play the guitar and not record. She can down load free version of Chainer and use that as a host. Then there are so many free decent amp sims she can knock herself out trying them all.

Check this thread out for a few free ones to start with.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2434470

Archived