Fishman wireless midi guitar converter?

Russian Hammer

• Members

Well I am impressed! And THIS IS FROM AN AXON AX 100 Mark II Owner!

The tracking is as good as my axon!

Yep, I am sold!

I will be getting this as a backup to my axon.

I wonder when these are going to be available at places like sweetwater?

The designer indicates the processing power is an order of magnitude better than that of the Axon - if I am quoting him correctly he said something that it is the fastest possible tracking in a pitch to voltage style system short of the physics limitations in that you need a certain amount of vibratory information to trigger a note.

Still, the demonstrator was riffing on the low strings rather impressively and more impressive than the tracking delay for me it appeared the mistriggering issues of the past have been successfully beaten into submission.

• Members

I've read that by the time it comes to production, they'll have some options for that. Fishman have said that they're open to suggestions for final production.

Aha, that is good news, thank you. Guess I better bug them.

• Members

The designer indicates the processing power is an order of magnitude better than that of the Axon - if I am quoting him correctly he said something that it is the fastest possible tracking in a pitch to voltage style system short of the physics limitations in that you need a certain amount of vibratory information to trigger a note.

Still, the demonstrator was riffing on the low strings rather impressively and more impressive than the tracking delay for me it appeared the mistriggering issues of the past have been successfully beaten into submission.

I'll be happy if I can get something as accurate as my GI-20, but with low E and A strings that also work well. :D

• Members

I already KNOW what Mr. Seleazy has said! I visited the the MIDI guitar yahoo group where he posted it. The main fact is that the pickup is no faster than the axon, that is limited by physics.

What IS good, is that because of it's processing power, it supposedly will have less problems in the tracking. But if you have a 13 pin guitar, you are out of luck.

But as for me, I still will wait to see if fishman can do something about people who have expensive 13 pin guitars like my Godin classical. It already tracks great, so why should I change?

I would not mind getting the fishman triple play for a backup though. But get rid of my Godin ACS SA? I don't THINK so!

Archived