Acoustic Tuners

junior4

• Members

Hello everyone, I was wondering what kind of acoustic guitar tuner I should get. I just got my acoustic and now I need a tuner. It is not an electric/acoustic so I can't plug my tuner that I have into it. So I was just wondering what kind are out there and what are the best. I'm new to the world of acoustic guitars :D, so any help would be nice...Thanks guys

• Members

Most modern digital tuners come with a small mic built-in to detect the pitch of a strummed string. I use a Boss TU-15 and it's pretty accurate IMO. Try to get a tuner with an analog needle indicator as these seem to be the most accurate in my experience.

• Members

Those headstock clamping ones are OK. They're great if you're in a noisy situation where you won't be able to get a reading off a tuner's internal mic.

I happen to prefer my Sabine unit. Plugs in or runs off a mic. Plus it lets you calibrate the tuner ( in case your playing with someone who's tuner is a little "off" )

Really though, if your just using it for playing around anywhere but a noisy gig situation ( since it isn't an acoustic / electric ) any old tuner will work. If you've got a tuner for your electric that has an internal mic, use that and save yourself the cash.

Needles are good. The Sabine I have doesn't have needles but the multiple LEDs are very accurate, to the point of being just as good as a needle .... PLUS it can be seen in the dark )

Those Intellitouch units ( the ones that clamp on the headstock ) use arrows on an LCD screen. I don't like that "feature".

Archived