plate reverb

• Members

I used to have two tube EMT140 plates occupying 1/3 of my living room. They're about 7 x 4 x 1 (in feet) and probably around 500 to 600 lbs each.
Inside there's the metalplate hanging in a frame. This plate has to be tightened/tuned in the right way for the plate to sound optimal.

Digital processors have useable to good to great plate simulations.
The old digital EMT box is veeery expensive, probably still the reference. Allthough newer sampling/convolution based boxes do sound good.
Lots of great reports from folks regarding the plates in the Kurzweil KSP8 and Rumour.
Quantec Yardstick, some Lexicons and TC, Sony R7 (a sleeper) and several others have great to good plates.
For el gtr mainly you could do with something affordable, like the
old 1/2 rack Lexicon LXP-1 has good reverbs.

Maybe someone else can chime in here with advice.

emt021.jpg
emt140.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by stanner

gott some examples of where ya heard good plate?

s:cool:

(reverb wannaknowitall)

jimi hendrix used an emt reverb on a lot of his songs(the wind cries mary, all along the watch tower etc. etc.). and a lot of other musicians that i cant think of right now used em. as far as hearing plate reverb in person i havent, but i have heard a lot of good things about it. peace. ;)

• Members
Originally posted by threm

I used to have two tube EMT140 plates occupying 1/3 of my living room. They're about 7 x 4 x 1 (in feet) and probably around 500 to 600 lbs each.

Inside there's the metalplate hanging in a frame. This plate has to be tightened/tuned in the right way for the plate to sound optimal.

Digital processors have useable to good to great plate simulations.

The old digital EMT box is veeery expensive, probably still the reference. Allthough newer sampling/convolution based boxes do sound good.

Lots of great reports from folks regarding the plates in the Kurzweil KSP8 and Rumour.

Quantec Yardstick, some Lexicons and TC, Sony R7 (a sleeper) and several others have great to good plates.

For el gtr mainly you could do with something affordable, like the

old 1/2 rack Lexicon LXP-1 has good reverbs.

Maybe someone else can chime in here with advice.

emt021.jpg
emt140.jpg

Wow, I dub thee reverb dawg

Archived