There's money burning a hole in my pocket...

• Members

... and the GAS has struck. Plus, there's an empty two slots on my pedal board.

Okay, so it's time for something different. What I've got so far:

Distortion. (Two types, even.)

Chorus.

Equalizer.

I know the first response will probably be delay, and I'm working on getting a DD-5 sometime in the distant future, but for now, something else. What I'm thinking about:

Flanger. I like the sounds of a flanger, and my amp has built in flanger/chorus/phaser/tremolo. They're not the best, but they work. I wouldn't use them for recording or anything, but they're fun to play with. What I want is something that will thicken my distorted leads like a flanger does, but not include the rise/fall "Doppler" effect. I don't know what would do this.

Octaver. Unfortunately, all the octavers I've tried have crap tracking.

Harmonizer. They seem fun, although I don't know how good they would work.

Anyway, that's all I can think of now. I don't know any brands yet, either. So what's the pedal you guys can't live without?

Edit: I should mention I play many genres, bust mostly focus on alternative rock like Incubus and Deftones. I also play a lot of progressive stuff like Queensryche, Dream Theater, and Pink Floyd.

• Members

Originally posted by strife-lead

Octaver. Unfortunately, all the octavers I've tried have crap tracking.

1) Get on the Octron list at www.foxroxelectronics.com

2) Wait for your "Octron 4 U" email.

3) Pay Dave Fox.

4) Receive said Octron.

5) Place on your board.

6) Step on it and experience the best octave tracking that you will ever hear.

:D

• Members

Flanger. I like the sounds of a flanger, and my amp has built in flanger/chorus/phaser/tremolo. They're not the best, but they work. I wouldn't use them for recording or anything, but they're fun to play with. What I want is something that will thicken my distorted leads like a flanger does, but
not
include the rise/fall "Doppler" effect. I don't know what would do this.

What you're describing here is the deluxe electric mistress with the filter matrix switch in the active position. It's the flanger that David Gilmour uses. :)

• Members

Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff

Someone buy those damn pedals from ck3 so we can quit looking at those large-assed photos every day.

;)

LOL. I was thinking the same thing!

No offense ck3! :D

• Members

I've been browsing, so far I've been looking at these:

Phasers

Small Stone

Phase 90

Flangers

Deluxe Mistress

Fuzz

Big Muff

Octaver

Multiplexer

The Delux Mistress looks nice, but I read somewhere that it requires a 3 prong power plug. Is this true? I would like to find the technical specs for this product, but they aren't on ehx's website. (I didn't look too hard, so if they are there, my fault.)

The Phase 90 also looks pretty great, but I heard it distorts sometimes.

Buy a nice tube amp.

Well, right now I don't have quite the dough or the need, but I was considering doing this in the not so distance future. I really have no idea what'd be a good one, though. I've heard tones from Classic 50s, XXXs, and Hot Rod Devilles, and like all three. Know of any threads that cover different tube amps ranging up to $1000?

• Members

Flangers

The Delux Mistress looks nice, but I read somewhere that it requires a 3 prong power plug. Is this true? I would like to find the technical specs for this product, but they aren't on ehx's website. (I didn't look too hard, so if they are there, my fault.)

I don't know about the technical specs, but it does require the 3 prong cord. It's included with mine. A lot of EHX pedals (not the big muff, small clone, small stone) require this.

Archived