roland cube 60- does it take pedals ok ?

lunarian1

• Members

I haven't tried the amp with pedals (demoed it in the shop) but I have a Cube 30 and it likes pedals, particularly on the JC Clean and BlackPanel models, as you would expect.

The soundclips on my site were played (badly :( ) through a Cube 30 on JC Clean mode with a Strat.

I also like the Classic Stack and Brit Combo models a lot, the FX are usable rather than great and the thing is built like a tank. Wasn't impressed with the DynaAmp model on the 60 though, all I could get was high gain playing a Les Paul DC through it.

• Members

I first got the Micro cube and then the Cube 60. The Micro is great for bedrooms or playing outside on good day. The Cube 60 is very light, relatively, for a 60 watt 12" amp. It is the best amp in this class I have owned (Marshall mg dfx 100, Fender 90 watt, Kustom Quad 100, Peavey Bandit, Drive 100 watt some {censored}).

A couple of weeks ago I got to jam with an old buddy who had some Marshall 2x12" Valvestate and I brought the Roland. I played a small effects (Zoom GFX-1) thru the clean side of the Roland and it sounded amazing at low and high volumes. We tried the Zoom in front of the Marshall and it sounded like tin with no low end. The Marshall did sound good with its own distortions, but still was a bit weak. I was able to dial in the same Marshall sound with the Roland and the Zoom in just a couple of minutes.

• Members

Originally posted by lunarian1

read a lot of good things about this amp, but if I was using one of the clean models with distortion pedal in front would it sound good ?/ other pedals ?

I've got a cube 60 and it takes pedals

as well as any solid state amp.With

OD/DIST pedals you won't get the same

"fatness" or warmth added to the sound

that you get with a tube amp so you

need to have good dirt boxes.A BOSS

Metalzone or DS-1 for example will

sound thin and buzzy while something

like a Tonebone Hot British or Classic

will sound better IMO.

Archived