New Phaser 90-TENN

• Members

I'm not sure what the retail is going to be on these. Tone Factor is the only place that are getting them. You'll have to inquire the Brad on that. www.tonefactor.com

As far as what makes it special. It has as closely matched as possible transistors in the phase stage. This makes the phase more pronounced. I've also staggered the capacitor values in the phase stage. So instead of oueeouee you have a more watery tone. Like ahieouahiou. I'm also using 1% metal film resistors. I've AB tested with one I did with carbon comp resistors, and it's a clearer sound with the metal film, and the closer tolerance resistors allows each unit to sound more uniform to the next. Plus the op-amps make a difference with the tone too. I'm using TL082s for more clarity and definition for the swirl effect. It's univibe like with a Leslie speaker twist. Note it doesn't sound exactly like those as it's based on the old phase 90, but it has the nicety of. It's able to get the Waylon Jennings phaser like sound and gets darn close to a Robin Trower thing. All in all a good quality, easy to use phaser.

• Members
Originally posted by cmloeffler

Sounds very cool...

I like the concept of it being a bit off kilter. Hefty price tag, though.

I thought so too. It being off kilter to me gives it a better sound. I'm sure Brad will have them at a reasonable price for a custom pedal. It just costs a lot to build it right. :rolleyes:

Archived