Look outside...

UncleDig

• Members

I was reaching into the cabinet last week, and a can of baby clams fell on my bare toe. Man that {censored}in' hurt. Now it's all purple and nasty, and I think I'm losing the nail. Won't that look crazy?

• Members

When I went to look up the lyrics to that, I saw that (according to Google), they've also covered "Summertime Blues." I'm firing up Soulseek right now, but if it's da troof then I thank you for posting this thread, as I'm a big fan of both the Lips' cover songs, and covers of Summertime Blues... :o

• Members

I happened to be working on an airplane today when I took a part off to rework in a cooler area. When my work was completed I went back out to the hangar area to gather my tools up. All of the tools were warm to the touch in the shade. Yep its summer and I dislike it big time! :mad:

• Members

Because you know, it would be tragic...

You know, yoshimi is the kind of album you think up one night sitting in your room alone, and then dismiss because it would be too bizarre.

Not that I could ever in a hojillion years pull off anything as awesome, just that I often dismiss my own ideas as too weird or something. But the really great things are weird at first.

I honestly think Yoshimi is the best album to come out in many years.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

Because you know, it would be tragic...

You know, yoshimi is the kind of album you think up one night sitting in your room alone, and then dismiss because it would be too bizarre.

Not that I could ever in a hojillion years pull off anything as awesome, just that I often dismiss my own ideas as too weird or something. But the really great things are weird at first.

I honestly think Yoshimi is the best album to come out in many years.

+1 on all of that. I think one of the things that makes Yoshimi so good is that they pull off such a child-like concept and turn it into something musically and lyrically interesting. And it's just f*cking GOOD.

I picked up Mike Doughty's solo release today on the way home from the airport. Very good. Not as left of center as I had hoped, but I still like it a lot. Thanks for the heads up!

Archived