preservation's WAKE UP BLUESMEN, GET THOSE BOOTS DIRTY

• Members

no.

this is a couple of great pedals i've discovered lately that were cheap. odds are nowadays if i spend mucho $ on a boutique box, i'm disappointed b/c the hype & description were A+

just wanted to express my appreciation with some of the cheaper things in life.

these are boxes i lub:

dano french toast: holy {censored}. so much fun. i'm not a big QOTSA fan at all... but i know how that redhead bitch does that riff near the end of their latest single.

fabtone: turn everything up or everything down, i love it either way. this pedal will {censored} you. i need a new band quick so i can unleash supreme annihilation. its fun to put it after a DL4 loop and make everything nasal and trashy sounding. good construction too, i like big danos.

dano fish n chips: really quiet, lets no one have an excuse for not at least trying an EQ. really impresses me. i'd love to try a sniper EQ, but for this price i know i can always use it on something...

dano tuna melt: best trem for under $100, i think.

i had a Holowon and it was a noisy joke, i've tried the voodoo labs and it was too subtle. the boss tr2 isn't as good...

the best thing for all these danos listed above is that they make looping so much more fun- its like they all have these little sounds you can't grab from other full-size/costlier/better made pedals... the french toast especially-

instant love: french toast + ps-3 (low arpegg.) + de-7 on instant analog-sim oscillation.

its interesting to think that i could construct a FULL ON KICK ASS board of just danos. it'd be

french toast + tuna melt + f n c + pb&j delay.

zoom 508: was up for sale, still is kind of, but playing with it again is making me glave. 4 seconds of delay, with a wide range of tone - real cruddy low-bit sounding to sharp digital ala boss dd-series.

more programmable patches then you'll ever use.

tape emulation is good for sound on sound/ layered repeats.

ibanez de-7: had this forever now it seems, but i don't think you can get a more versatile delay for the price. i know the switch scares people, as it does me (though i haven't had a problem w/it so far)... i just think the analog-sim is righteous and right upt there with a dd20s or dl4s (i've owned both at least once) plus i like how the knobs feel when turning, and although i never use it the "TONE-LOK" idea is a good one.

like tone loc.

add yours.

Archived