OT: Rio Carbon vs. iPod mini

Filterbank

• Members
Originally posted by yaz75

Actually I typed that with tongue firmly in cheek. I'm not so much pro-Zen as I am Anti-IPod. People love to claim political people as 'sheep', then immediately become 'sheep' when it comes to Apple/Mac products. I'm not being remotely serious on most stuff here, but insult an IPod and people react as if you'd just spit on their mothers. I'm honestly waiting for the First Congregational Church of IPod to spring up.
;)

The i in iPOD is lower case. Get it right, you anti-iPOD-ite. See how easy it is to offend an iPOD owner? Well I'm not one, but if I was you could imagine that I'd be upset.

• Members

this is stupid, you use whatever you are happy with. You can hate apple all you want, but the rational isn't there. You hate apple because people react a certain way? I'm certainly not like that. You may not like apple because they are expensive, but hey they are not pressuring you. I was frustrated with jdwinger because i couldn't understand what the nature of his particular problem was. He wanted some feature that the vast majority of people dont really think about.

As for the original post, yeah if you have a mac, then go with an ipod is my advice. The reason is that you will have no problems (well most likely). Like everything else in life, Murphy's law applies. If you start comparing features, you will never get an ipod. The ipod is not about features, it's about simplicity. Somehow this idea just gets lost whenever people post something like this. My sister got a mp3 device for working out. It doesn't work with itunes which she uses. I can easily get it to work, easily, because i know a lot about computers. However, my sister is a total noob when it comes to computer. We are talking REAL HUGE NOOB here. I can show her, but it would have been so much easier if she had just gotten gotten an ipod. Her husband who was feature conscious, ended up buying an ipod in the end. On the other hand, i got my brother an ipod mini last xmas... he is another total computer noob. He uses some dell pc and itunes. He plugged that thing into his USB port and off he went listening to his pink floyd. There is a lot of intangible value to this that people don't account for when they compare the ipod to the competition.

Archived