Louis XIV

jcn37203

• Members

Whats the hive mind consensus about these guys?

I really like that song Paper Doll (you know, the one playing in the Suicide Girls video).

I got the CD yesterday, I haven't listed to all of it yet. I looked up their website though, and was disapointed to see that they look like douchebags. Though, I guess most bands look like douchebags.

I mean, I guess they don't look like douchebags. I just really hate the heavy eye makeup look.

Anyways... opinions?

• Members

I had seen them last month in chicago and I thought that they were really good. I mean if you strip away all of the glam wanna be crap they have a really good sound, but I am sure that they will be a flash in the pan thing like the hives, the vines, etc.

• Members

Originally posted by Bruno

I had seen them last month in chicago and I thought that they were really good. I mean if you strip away all of the glam wanna be crap they have a really good sound, but I am sure that they will be a flash in the pan thing like the hives, the vines, etc.

i saw them open for the futureheads and hot hot heat. i thought they {censored}ing sucked ass.

maybe i should hear their studio stuff.

• Members

potty mouth...whatever, but the rest of it didn't get it for me..

better stuff in this realm is readily available. supergrass, for one, and sammy (their album "tales of great neck glory" is the closest thing to the L XIV guys I can think of, except the songs are much more involving.) and we might as well suggest purchase of Slider and Electric Warrior while we're at it... Start there, really.

i predict a really bad (and deeply ignored) second record. just can't imagine it any other way... but, who knows, I've been wrong before.

• Members

Originally posted by Filterbank

I think faux Brit accents coming out of some ponces from San Diego requires death by enema administered by the original members of the Stranglers.

nicely played...

"bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite good to me..."

• Members

Saw them last week. They've got T.Rex's two-step feel down cold but their songs don't go anywhere after they set up the groove. They just keep it up for a while and then all of a sudden it stops -- song over. Makeup and hair was very consistent with that early 70s glam inspiration -- but they didn't need it for me. They obviously know how to play very well, though. Cool amps - Silvertones(?), silverface Fenders, Ampeg.

• Members

Originally posted by Thelonius

I can't decide if I'm more dissapointed in the fact that we're not actually going to be talking about Louis XIV in this thread or the fact that there's a band called Louis XIV.

Ditto. Except, I'm bad with Roman numerals and was hoping for a firsthand account of the guillotining of Louis XVI...I hear he said, when the exectutioner was about to tie his hands, "You shall never bind me!"

• Members

I thought the single, true love is blind, was great
but whatever single they got being played now (at least in my market, SD) has such a White Stripes/Hives feel that I was less impressed
however, I think it's good
it's just that I thought they were taking a more unique direction

Cause we gotta little ol' convoy, rockin' through the night
Yeah we gotta little ol' convoy, ain't she a beautiful sight?
Come on an' join our convoy, ain't nothin' gonna git in our way
We're gonna roll this truckin' convoy, cross the USA
Convoy... Convoy...

• 11 months later...
  • Members
Originally posted by Filterbank

I think faux Brit accents coming out of some ponces from San Diego requires death by enema administered by the original members of the Stranglers.

GET A GRIP HUH?
:D :D

• Members
Originally posted by moonhead

nicely played...

"bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite good to me..."

"Man killed by industry
Man killed by luxury
Man killed by falling tree
Man killed by sanity!"
:thu: :thu:

Archived