My OT for the night: What's your favorite alcoholic drink sans wine/beer

gr8fuldodd

• Members

I'm a bit of a liquor connosieur. I'm primarily a rum drinker, and my favorites are any of the Appleton's or Mount Gay lines. In particular, the Mount Gay XO Reserve and Sugarcane are excellent (the sugarcane is good for somebody looking for something a little sweeter than your run-of-the-mill molasses rum), and the Appleton's 21-yr. rum is unbe{censored}ingleivable (at $75/bottle, it damn well should be). Having said that, I have a cold right now, so I'm drinking some local elderberry wine instead.

• Members

Originally posted by riffdaddy

What kind do you drink?

What kind DID i drink is more the question...I'd drink heavy Evan Williams or Ezra Brooks, as well as Jim Beam, on occasion. DICKTRON (a fellow forumite) also turned me onto McAfee's (which is the best bourbon I've tasted...especially for the price)...

And yes, that's part of the whole Judy thing...She did pills, as well....That's why I'm still skipping down the yellow brick road, I guess.

• Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

What kind DID i drink is more the question...I'd drink heavy Evan Williams or Ezra Brooks, as well as Jim Beam, on occasion. DICKTRON (a fellow forumite) also turned me onto McAfee's (which is the best bourbon I've tasted...especially for the price)...

I've never been a big fan of regular Jim Beam, but I will use Jim Beam Black for mixed drinks. I find it a little bland for drinking straight. For that, I prefer Labrot & Graham Woodford Reserve, Knob Creek, or occasionally Maker's Mark.

• Members

Originally posted by gr8fuldodd

1. Bombay Saphire or Tanqueray and tonic

2. single malt scotch: haven't picked a fave yet need to do a taste test

3. Tequila too many to pick but Patron never does me wrong till I pay for it

1. Excellent choices.

2. I've been through a few, and this is one department in which I'm still learning. My favorite as of right now is Glenlivet.

3. I get very picky about my tequilas. Patron doesn't cut it for me. Cuervo and Sauza aren't even real tequilas. I stick pretty much to Don Julio and Cabo.

• Members

gin is awesome (and im not british)

i like: Gin Martini, or a good dirty vodka martini.
white russian (usually when watching the big lebowski)
crown and sprite is probably my favorite drink sans beer/wine

and suntory is amazing whiskey if you can get it.

• Members

whiskey and ice, tasty. i like jamesons neat when i'm home but when i'm out i just drink well liquor and that cannot be drank neat and bars are hot.

these are more beach/pool drinks:
vodka and lemonade, or vodka and fruit punch.
i had something called a bullfrog? last summer, which is limeade concentrate, vodka and ice blended. it tastes great.

• Members

bourbon.

straight or with ginger ale or 7UP.

Preferably Maker's Mark. That's the one good thing about not drinking as much as I used to. I can afford the good stuff. Back when I was downing the stuff in mass volume, I had to go with the cheap stuff. Not that it made a difference after a few drinks. :D

Archived